Like many financial services organisations, our client has seen strong growth in the demand for analytics functionality.
Prior to our engagement, the client experienced:
- Lack of analytics direction
- Lack of understanding in relation to what to do to help move up the food chain
- Unsupported disparate analytics tools & platforms
- Performance issues with their analytics
- Unstructured analytics processes leading to potential audit & regulatory issues
- Allied with an increase in analytics demand due to:
- Unprecedented growth in the demand for data storage leading to rising costs
The client was facing growing demands from the business to support additional users and additional workloads for regulatory requirements.
Provision of Subject Matter Expertise – The client needed direction in relation to some business-focused problem areas. E.g., Risk & Customer Analytics, Fraud, Audit etc.
What We Did
Created a bespoke analytics readiness review & analytics strategy. We then moved to implement that strategy on 3 fronts:
- Analytics leadership, guidance & direction
- Analytics platform support
- Analytics application development & support
Empowered and enabled the organisation to begin to own, deliver and support basic analytics services with their own team. Whilst providing the “direction of travel headlights” to help bring them to the next level on the analytics maturity model
Developed an Enterprise Analytics Support Framework
Based on three key elements:
1. Stabilise: established a base level of Support and ensured no system downtimes
2. Embed: established a Support Framework
3. Enhance: Created a defined deployment process to support the Operating Model for analytics.
- Provided Analytics Application Development and Support ensuring the customer maximised the investment in their analytics platform
- Put in place an agile framework of on-site consultants plus agile low-cost offshore resources
Outcome & Results
- Industry-leading, multiple Award-Winning analytics services
- Significant growth in internal user population, end users (analytics consumers), and resultant return on investment figures
- State-of-the-art analytics operating model
- A stable environment with a significant reduction in issues raised and an increase in uptime
- Single go-to point of contact regarding all aspects of analytics
- Enhanced performance through re-configuration and implementation of best practices
- Internal analytics business functions working hand in glove with senior TORI Analytics SMEs
- Full end-to-end integration capability for vendor-specific and open-source analytics solutions to work seamlessly