A middle-eastern bank with regulated operations in the UK, Europe and the Americas embarked upon an operational remediation programme in response to some significant regulatory findings.
What we did
We worked with the client to develop an over-arching Information Lifecycle Governance (ILG) Framework.
Key activities included:
- Reviewing the client’s record keeping policy and working practices
- Defining an operating model for the management of electronic records
- Producing a Records Retention Schedule
- Documenting the Client File Definition and associated Checklists
- Designing a Records Management Target Operating Model
- Piloting the use of SharePoint to improve workflow around Wholesale Banking KYC processes
In the development of an ILG Framework that met the bank’s operational requirements, we ensured the client was able to demonstrate its compliance with the FCA’s SYSC 9 regulations on record keeping.
We also completed a successful proof-of-concept to demonstrate how the client’s existing technology stack could be adapted to improve data management processes and governance.