An international FTSE-250 consumer finance business engaged TORI to develop a data strategy with the aim of ensuring regulatory compliance of their corporate data.
One of the key drivers for the engagement was the client’s recent digitisation of formerly analogue business processes; this had resulted in a rapid and significant increase in the volume of digital data at the client’s disposal.
What we did
Our team worked with the client’s people to…
- Understand their current state data management practices
- Perform a SWOT analysis of their data management approach
- Identify compliance gaps and remediation strategies
- Re-draft the data policy framework and establish new governance structures
- Document a new data strategy and secure board-level support
- Identify a suitable candidate to perform the Chief Data Officer (CDO) role on an interim basis
In the development of a CMMI standards-based data strategy, we addressed both DPA and GDPR requirements by creating data governance based on principles required for current and future standards.