Practice Lead: Governance, Risk & Compliance
Regulatory Change & Compliance
Daniel is one of our experts in our Governance, Risk and Compliance practice, supporting organisations to align the business strategy with their risk appetite, leveraged by digital transformation.
Daniel is an Economist with a strong knowledge and expertise in the Financial Industry, having worked for Banking institutions and well-known global consulting firms, on Financial and Non-Financial risk Services.
He has been focused on developing his international professional experience in Latam, EU, UK, and China, which has allowed him to develop a global mindset that his clients can benefit from, by transforming global knowledge into localised solutions.
For the last 8 years, Daniel has been supporting different financial institutions on activities related to Governance, Risk and Compliance, improving their Enterprise Risk Framework and reducing operational costs, through the implementation of digital solutions.
Among the relevant projects, he has led and executed:
- Implementation of PSD2/PSR for one GSIB in EU and the UK
- FinCrime projects related to AML practices and framework review (UK & Latam)
- Supporting M&A services to FI in Central America and the Caribbean
- Business transformation, including process automation / digitalisation (several locations)
- Government Competitiveness research: developing a financial hub (Central America)
In addition to his roles as consultant, Daniel has been a professor for several years; he has passion for digital transformation especially the Fintech / RegTech ecosystem, and is a frequent contributor to specialist financial market publications.