Our client required assistance migrating a 4,000 strong user base utilising Windows 7 and Office 2016 to Windows 10 and Office 365 Cloud environment (Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint and Teams).
In addition, the client also sought to move key data stores from ‘on prem’ to the SharePoint Online. The client was keen to leverage benefits in collaborative working, document storage and control, information security and data leakage prevention. The migration was a critical part of organisation’s wider GDPR compliance programme.
The Client sought a small and highly skilled migration team to work with key stakeholders to complete the migration of users, data and key business processes to the Microsoft Cloud.
What We Did
- A small TORI team was mobilised to manage all facets of the migration activity
- The team engaged with all key stakeholders within the first week of the engagement and created an end to end migration playbook through the use of workgroup session and bilateral meetings
- The Team produced a 12 month departmental roll out along with a detailed company wide communication and training plan
- Migrations were run concurrently across multi departments but within distinct phases with stage gates
- Adoption and Training
- Pre-Migration Readiness
- Post Migration Support
- Created an Office 365 Champion network, with over 170 staff across UK
Outcomes & Results
- Successful delivery of UK wide migration as per the agreed project plan
- Migrated a total 12.9 TB of data from ‘on prem’ to SharePoint online
- Successfully delivered over 90 training sessions across the client organisation augmented with 100’s of 1:1 sessions with staff requiring additional help
- Produced high quality training and support materials available to all staff via a dedicated network facility. This included online training videos and quick start guides
- Excellent rapport and feedback from the client’s community of over 170 Office 365 Champions, who were pivotal in driving adoption
- TORI highlighted several key findings that could reduce operating costs and increase organisational effectiveness if addressed. They were passed to Senior Management for appraisal