The client Is a European multinational Investment Bank and Financial Services Company. The client started a large global IT transformation program early in 2016 with the goal of transforming 4,000 Applications and 104K servers/databases by 2023 onto cloud platforms. The client set out to achieve two primary objectives:
- Reduce infrastructure and digital application opex costs by $1.5bn migrating to more cost-effective platforms
- Simplify the digital business by moving towards a reduced set of technology options.
What we did
- TORI developed a team of over 70 global resources to work closely with the client’s teams and vendor.
- Transitioned to a managed service delivery model.
- Advised on cloud strategy and target environments throughout the project.
- Identified candidate applications for decommissioning and migration based on client requirements.
- TORI rapidly provided resources and used the client’s processes and tools
- Industrialized client and vendor processes to support bulk migrations for both application and infrastructure.
- Worked with client and vendor on business engagement and release management challenges.
- Application Migrations and key Data Center exits delivered on time avoiding $150M legal and landlord costs for extensions.
- Confidence in delivery with defined reporting, progress updates and lower tolerances in planned dates.
- Improved throughput resulting in lower overall costs per migration, summarized saving of approximately $45-50M a year.
- Enable delivery to focus on other key areas.
- Service dovetails into existing bank processes and services, delivering change with controlled delivery into production environments.